Senior Software Engineer - Full Stack
Tamara Mellon is looking for an experienced full stack developer who has at least a couple of successful consumer facing greenfield projects under their belt (preferably React, but not necessarily required).
Ideal candidates are security and performance minded, and can tell the right places to take shortcuts and when to put in the extra effort to do it right the first time. As importantly is someone willing to take real ownership of a new codebase and, with the help of our existing team, bring a new world class and cutting edge e-commerce platform to life.
WHO WE ARE
Tamara Mellon is a footwear brand spearheading the next generation of luxury. Our shoes are handcrafted in Italy, but sold at direct-to-women prices— eliminating the 6x retail markup of traditional luxury brands. We break all the rules of fashion by ignoring the seasonal calendar with monthly product drops, and adhere to a consumer-centric, women-first model. An outspoken advocate of women’s issues, Tamara Mellon is creating a community of like-minded, next gen consumers.
WHAT WE DO
Tamara’s essence and expertise combined with leading Italian craftsmanship creates a unique experience and product designed to lift women up and make them feel stronger. We are straightforward and honest and combine this with incredible one-of-a-kind service through complimentary shipping, returns, and our Cobbler Concierge.
WHO WE DO IT FOR
Our woman is strong, unapologetic, a little irreverent, and takes care of herself. We identify with the woman who is breaking down barriers, shattering glass ceilings, and reaching her full potential.
WHY WORK FOR US?
Tamara Mellon is leading a revolution in society and in business. Working with us means having the opportunity to share your voice, contribute to a fast-growing startup, and recreate what it means to be a luxury brand. We are looking for driven, passionate, and quick-learning talent.
- Take ownership of a headless e-com platform built on React, Gatsby, and Hasura / GraphQL.
- Provide input into architectural and vendor selection decisions.
- Collaborate with product and marketing teams to design and implement new customer-facing features.
- Help mentor junior team members on coding best practices, testing, and new technologies and frameworks.
- Be open, honest, and receptive to feedback.
- 5+ years of programming experience with Python, Ruby, PHP, or Node.js.
- Thorough understanding of React, ES6, Babel, Webpack, and related tooling.
- Experience with e-commerce and high performance web applications.
- Familiarity with a web framework: Ruby on Rails, Django, Flask.
- Understand of fundamental networking concepts (you know a couple of layers of OSI stack pretty well).
- Experience and opinions about TDD, BDD, DDD, etc., and when and where to use them.
- The desire to work as part of a closely knit team where psychological security is paramount.
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Carrot Fertility
- 12 weeks maternity/paternity paid leave
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Fast-paced, energetic and entrepreneurial culture with long-term career development opportunities
- Employee discount